Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows won't update errors

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 d_may

d_may

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:56 AM

My wife's computer tries to run Microsoft updates but the following erros numbers come up:

80070643 (dot net)

80071A91 (Regestry error "system restore")

Please offer some advice that we can try.

thanks, Dale

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,031 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:15 AM

Try this.

Click on the Start orb, type cmd in the Search programs and files box.

Another window will open with cmd being shown under Programs, right click on it and then choose Run as administrator.

This will open the Elevated Command Prompt, it will look similar to the image below.

elevatedcommandpromptw7_zpseba8c499.png

In the command prompt type in wuauserv /REGSERVER, then press Enter.

If this doesn't  help use the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool.

Edited by dc3, 10 April 2014 - 11:17 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 d_may

d_may
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:07 PM

Sir I am running several tests from the Dell site.

her Home page has been hyjacked as well.

Please give instructions on resetting the correct home page (Yahoo)

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,031 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:00 PM

Please use one source of help at a time.  When you use Dell's support they have no idea that you are getting suggestions from here and vice versa.  What they are suggesting could skew the results of what you are being asked to do here, and again vice versa.  I would suggest sticking with the first party which was helping you initially until this problem is resolved or they aren't able to effect a repair.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 mcscort

mcscort

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:27 PM

For the update problem, goto "Control panel >> Administrative tools >> Services" and see if the "Windows update" service  is enabled if not do, double clicking it and clicking start, then see if  "BITS" service is also started or even available. do start this two service, restart and update.

I will suggest you follow this link its simillar, for the homepage redirection http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/267407-how-to-fix-google-redirects/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users