Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Live Movie Maker

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mjtom

mjtom

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:44 AM

Hi, I am trying to use Windows Live Movie Maker on Window 7, but the photos that I added never show, there's only a black screen. Sound plays OK but without showing any picture.

Any advice?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:53 PM

Hi!

Your video files may be in the wrong format for Windows Live Movie Maker, they need to be in wmv, avi, or mpg formats.

Some Kodak cameras use the mov format that Live Movie Maker does not support.

If your videos are not the correct format they can be converted to run in Live Movie Maker.

#3 mjtom

mjtom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:47 PM

Thanks for the answer.

How can I convert the formats?

#4 GB2064

GB2064

• Members
  • 947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:16 PM

Here is a link to a very popular and free file convertor download.

If you decide to download this convertor just be sure to uncheck the options for any unwanted toolbars, etc. before you start.

http://www.pcfreetime.com/

#5 mjtom

mjtom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:25 AM

Thanks, but the problem is not video files but photos. According to windows support page (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/movie-maker-file-types-faq)  Window Live Movie Maker should support jpg files, but it doesn't, at least in my PC. 

#6 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:02 AM

Yes, it imports .jpg files without any problems;  I have version 2011 installed on Win 7, Home Premium, 64 bit. I can't see any repair options within WLMM. If you go to Control Panel, Programs and Features, click on Windows Live Essentials and Uninstall/Change, you should be given the option to repair all Windows Live programs.

Edited by petewills , 11 April 2014 - 09:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users