Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Good studio mics?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pvtires

pvtires

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:42 AM

First off, if this post is against any rules please remove it. I am looking to invest in a good studio mic for my computer. I am very uneducated on what mics are good and what to look for when purchasing one. I just wanted to learn on what mics are good and reliable. I won't be doing any video recording just the normal talking to my friends on Dolby. Thank you for any help in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:14 AM

good afternoon dear pvtires,

it is not clear to me if your looking for a vocal or an instrument microphone and what is your budget

you can buy a no brand "studio like" microphone for less than 100 euros or you can buy a true pro level microphone for 2500 euros

a very good microphone even for a pro studio use is the ribbon mxl r144

a very good usb microphone is the audio technica at2020 usb and the blue yeti pro usb

all those mics are really good even for a pro use

for microphone types, recording with microphones and general question about microphone types and faqs just simply search through youtube for :

microphone types and uses

basic microphone techniques

recording with microphones

ribbon microphones

why ribbon microphones

tips on studio microphones

recording on a budget with microphones

microphone for beginners

home recording studio

microphone buying guide

you can also search through the net with any of the above mentioned keys and also you can search for microphone types in pdf and recording with microphones in pdf 

good luck

#3 GreenGiant117

GreenGiant117

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:30 PM

For general chat theres a lot that you can get, I use my webcam mic to chat with my friend while playing games and stuff, i have a $50 webcam (older version of the Logitech B525) and the sound quality and sensitivity are great for what I use it for, he can hear me (and everything around me) very well without any change in settings.

is it "studio" quality? no not really, but unless you have a quiet room the only thing youll get with a studio mic is much more ambient noise picked up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users