Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor Displaying Incorrectly?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dark Hero Axel

Dark Hero Axel

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:09 AM

I have an issue with my monitor, which has gone on for a long time. I generally don't mind it too much as it isn't a big error, but it can be inconvenient sometimes and I've decided I want it sorted after all this time.

The picture that displays on my monitor is in the incorrect position. It should display like this:

2uhbgw4.png

But instead, the display is like this:

2n70dvn.png

The display is 18 pixels too much to the left, and 3 pixels too high. YES, that is not much, but it's something, and sometimes it's the little things that matters. If anyone has the solution, that would be great. I'm having trouble finding the settings to adjust screen position and Google hasn't yielded ideal results. All I can say regarding my monitor is that it's a Samsung and the resolution is 1920x1080.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,973 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:46 AM

What is the model number of the Samsung? It should be on the back of the monitor.

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:54 AM

There should be a setting on your monitor to adjust the horizontal and vertical position.  You may need to look in your monitor manual for how to make this adjustment.

#4 GreenGiant117

GreenGiant117

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 AM

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:25 PM

There are also ways in software (Nvidia Control Panel) to adjust vertical and horizontal placement, so you could try that too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users