Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't install Adobe Reader

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 i.hate.open.cloud

i.hate.open.cloud

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:59 AM

I'm trying to update to the latest version of Adobe Reader, but having a bit of trouble doing so. When I attempt to run the installer, it asks for permission, then the installer icon disappears from the desktop and nothing happens. The installer shows up as a running process, and is located in the AppData\Local\Temp folder, but doesn't seem to run. I get the same result when I run the .exe from the downloading site, and with other Adobe versions (9 and 10, but I want to install 11). I removed the older version I had with Revo, and now I'm stuck without Reader. I'm running a 32-bit OS.

Any recommendations?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,374 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 PM

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:55 AM

I prefer Foxit Reader, it's less bloated.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,042 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:21 AM

I agree with petewilis, is a much nicer program.

But if you are intent on using Adobe try unistalling it under Programs and Feature in the Control Panel.  Then download the latest version.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:46 AM

PDF X-Change Viewer is another good choice.  There's a the portable version too. :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users