Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Am I infected? What do I do?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nachiket.patki

nachiket.patki

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:08 AM

I was trying to open coursera.com site and the following message appeared on my screen..

Cannot connect to the real www.coursera.org

Something is currently interfering with your secure connection to www.coursera.org.

Try to reload this page in a few minutes or after switching to a new network. If you have recently connected to a new Wi-Fi network, finish logging in before reloading.

If you were to visit www.coursera.org right now, you might share private information with an attacker. To protect your privacy, Chrome will not load the page until it can establish a secure connection to the real www.coursera.org.

what do i do?? pls help me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:23 AM

If I copy  www.coursera.org into Internet Explorer I have no problems in finding the site.
It will connect directly without any trouble, and has many times. Your problems may lay in these posts below -

* How to Disable Extensions in Google Chrome - How to Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome
* How To Disable Individual Plug-ins in Google Chrome <- try only if the above does not work
* How to Disable Extensions and Plugins in Firefox - How to Remove Extensions/Uninstall Plugins in Firefox
* How to Disable Extensions in Internet Explorer
* How to Disable Add-ons/Extensions in Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome
* How to Disable all add-ons in Firefox, Internet Explorer

If the above did not resolve the problem, then create a new browser user profile.
* How to Create a new browser user profile in Google Chrome
* How to Create a new browser user profile in Firefox
* How to Create a new browser user profile in Opera, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome

If you are not able to create new profiles in your browsers, then totally delete all Add On browsers.

Once you remove the Add On browsers, use "Internet Explorer", and very slowly add another browser later.

EXTRA - This is from their information page ............

You will need a reasonably reliable Internet connection to access course resources and to watch (or download) lecture videos. All modern computers should work fine on our platform, although we recommend at least 1 GB of memory/RAM. We support the following web browsers:

If you are using an older browser, please update your browser to avoid technical problems!

Edited by noknojon, 10 April 2014 - 06:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users