Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Am I cursed or something?/?????/???///??//?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 IcyJK913@

IcyJK913@

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:23 PM

So I just made my account just a few seconds ago just to post this! I need help. I don't know if I'm cursed or something, but this is getting extremely frustrating to the point where I want to bleepslap someone upside the head 50 times. I apologize if there's any excessive swearing and cursing or if I'm coming off as rude, please understand my frustration.

So let me get something straight: I basically live on the computer. Now before you call me a bleep loser, let me just say all of my closest friends are on the internet and I just love being on there. After many years of using this computer, my parents decided it was a good idea to get a laptop, so I got a laptop. It was all fun and I was really happy to have my own laptop to use in my room. Except for the fact that it was a dud and decided to break on a regular basis. I love playing online games and MMOs, and when my computer's not working, I can't play these games or even deal with them lagging!! >.< Then the hard drive burnt out!! *major frustration noises* and we sent it all the way to bleep TEXAS (I'm from pennsylvania) to get it fixed. Meanwhile, I used a different laptop that my grandfather owned.

This laptop was total bleep. The internet literally DID NOT connect to the internet unless it was within at least 4 feet of my router. And even RIGHT BESIDE THE ROUTER it just didn't work. I guess I was fine with it, but after a few months, GUESS WHAT?? It broke! (more frustration noises)

From this point on I had to use my parent's computer (which at this point was so full of bleep that I bet there are probably at least 300 viruses on it) which was slow as bleep. FINALLY my original laptop was fixed, so I used it for several months. GUESS bleep WHAT AGAIN???? IT BROKE!!!

Then, I had to use my family's computer again. It, again was slow as bleep and had tons of bleep on it. Finally, after several long months, I got a desktop computer for my room. This would work better than my laptops right?

WRONG!

It was great. I loved this computer and it's internet was so fast and everything ran smoothly. Until after a couple months it broke again (which was literally like an hour ago)!!!!

Am I cursed??? Do I just not know how to take care of computers somehow???? I need help, I just want a computer that will last long enough so I can, you know, be satisfied for once! I don't know if this is the forum I'm supposed to post it in, but PLEASE understand (and hopefully help). 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,073 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:47 PM

Broke is a very nebulous word. I see you ranting about inoperative computers but you don't explain the actual outages and what was going on when the various computers failed. Details are important to give you a better assessment. Make and model of computers, OS's involved? What activity is going on? Networked or not? Type of Internet connection? Wired or wireless? The more information you can give us the better. Rants don't lend themselves to background of whats actually going on for troubleshooting.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 IcyJK913@

IcyJK913@
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:00 PM

Ok. Again, I apologize (I thought I made that clear). Anyways for the second "breaking", we really had no clue what happened (this was for my grandfather's computer). Then, third "breaking" (for my original computer), well all I can recall is that it had something to do with the BIOS.This time, we have no clue (yet!). At this point, this is all I can tell you. The first computer was a windows 8 dell laptop. The second one was a windows 7 acer laptop. The original family computer is a windows 7 dell (I really don't know anything about how all this computer stuff works so this is all I can tell you, except that I got it a fairly long time ago) and the newest desktop I got for myself was a refurbished windows 7 dell. We have wireless connection (netgear, I think), and the processor (at least according to my father whom I believe does not know as much as he thinks about computers) is apparently "messed up" but has made no attempt to get this fixed. Well, this is all I can tell you unless you want me to tell you some other factor that might jog my memory.  

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,358 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:09 AM

Forget about what happened in the past.  What is the problem with the current computer?  What is it doing, or not doing? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users