Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 and TornTV

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 yzoldowl

yzoldowl

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:23 PM

HP, 64-bit rebuilt tower with 850-gig HD and 4 Meg RAM, running Windows 7.  Every time lately that I bring up a page, some words such as lands are highlighted, example landslands.  (I am even seeing these duplicated words here in the forums!)  If I hover my mouse over the duplicated words, somthing comes up that appears to be an ad, e.g., Land's End or some real estate agency in California.  (I live in Ohio!  LOL)  Sometimes just the logo of the TornTV comes up, which reads Click to continue > by Torntv V9.0.  I looked in the virus removal section and I don't see anything about TornTV.

I Googled TornTV and it turns out it is in fact malware -- which is untouched by Malwarebytes, M$ Security Essentials, or adwcleaner.  A look at the Registry editor, HKEY_LOCAL_Machine... Windows... Current Version... Run reveals the attached information.

So my question is, do all these "belong?"  If not, do I remove the values Persistence and picon, those being the ones I'm in doubt about?  TIA; you folks are always a great help!

Attached Files

Edited by Queen-Evie, 09 April 2014 - 12:49 PM.
moved from Windows 7 to the appropriate malware removal forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users