Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable To Recover Master File Table

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DavidWu007

DavidWu007

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:17 AM

Greetings fellow members,

I have a Dell Studio 1735 running Vista Ultimate 32-bit.

I have an issue with my D:\ drive of my computer.

When I try to open it from [My Computer], it has a pop-up saying this:

ntfs.jpg

Everytime I boot my laptop (after shutting down), it says that D:\ has a corrupt master file table and attempts to fix but  ALWAYS fails which is extremely annoying.

I try to run chkdsk in command prompt once logged on but to no avail: 

chkdsk_loop.jpg

This problem came up out of nowhere.

I have limited knowledge on computers so I don't mess with any of the OS settings.

I don't think D:\ contains any valuable data.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

Please and thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:41 AM

This may or may not work for you. Download Testdisk for Windows. Start the program as adminstrator and follow the steps shown here until you see the advanced option. Select Advanced  > Boot > Repair MFT

Make sure you are selecting your D drive and not your C drive. This is assuming you have two hard drives. If not, do not try the repair.

Menus.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users