Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i can't change my screen resolution

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 pabloescobar

pabloescobar

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:24 PM

Hi fellows: im having some trouble with my GF's laptop screen resolution. Until yesterday she could pick any resolution and now it's stuck at 800x600 and gives no option 4 change. Please, please, please, please help me, i think im responsable 4 this and the real problem is that she thinks that way too.

Thanks 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,475 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:35 AM

If you think you're responsible then clearly you've done something that might have caused the problem. You need to tell us what you've done so we can help you fix it.

#3 A18 UNI

A18 UNI

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:27 AM

You need to share the full problem from the starting.Please explain what you did with her laptop because without knowing the problem we can't help you because this can be due to various reasons.

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,280 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:19 AM

Standard troubleshooting would be to update the BIOS and Video drivers.  If that does not resolve the issue removed the Display Adapter and Monitors from Device Manager, reboot and allow Windows to reinstall.  You may need to go back into Device Manager and right click the Display Adapter and select the Update Drivers option.

#5 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,475 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:47 AM

I'm sorry to disagree, but there's nothing in the original post that would lead me to suggest updating the bios at this point, If anything, the first most likely suggestion would be system restore. Having said that, I'd still like to hear back from the OP to find out exactly what he's done that leads him to believe he caused the problem.

Edited by Allan, 09 April 2014 - 10:48 AM.

#6 pabloescobar

pabloescobar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:35 PM

I installed Advanced system care 7 on her laptop because it worked wonderfuly on mine, i ran a full scan and asked it to clean and fix everything. After that, windows updater asked me to install some new updates so i did it, then that my GF's laptop rebooted and the trouble started.

#7 pabloescobar

pabloescobar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:00 PM

LOL, it seems that it fixed itself... i don´t know how, but it's working, thatnks 4 ur help anyways =)

#8 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:32 PM

Were you trying to fix a problem on your GF's laptop when you installed Advance System Care?

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,839 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:22 PM

I suggest that you remove Advanced System Care from any system reflecting it.

Microsoft support policy for the use of registry cleaning utilities - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2563254

Registry cleaner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Registry_cleaner

Registry Cleaner FAQ, PC Support - http://pcsupport.about.com/od/registry-cleaner/a/registry-cleaner-faq.htm

Louis

#10 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,475 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:45 AM

I installed Advanced system care 7 on her laptop because it worked wonderfuly on mine, i ran a full scan and asked it to clean and fix everything. After that, windows updater asked me to install some new updates so i did it, then that my GF's laptop rebooted and the trouble started.

As you can see from the links provided above, registry cleaners cause problems, they don't cure them. I strongly urge you to abandon the use of registry cleaners in the future. Anyway, glad to hear your problem is resolved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users