Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

restarting slow

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cwbuckley

cwbuckley

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:33 PM

My computer is a built computer and its got 16gb ram.  3.0 quad AMD processor. AMD HD 6670 video card. 1.5tb HD  I am currently running win 8.1, but the results are the same when I had win 7 on it.  When my computer is shut down and I turn it on in the morning, it boots fairly fast.  Basically from a minute to a minute and a half.  However when for some reason I do a restart that is when things change.  Generally it takes close to 5 minutes for it to do a restart.  It takes a long time to get to the MSI motherboard logo, after that it boots ok.  If any of you have any ideas what the problem might be, i would appreciate hearing from you all.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Chuck

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 EffectiveBones484

EffectiveBones484

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:21 PM

Welcome to the forums

This restarting problem could be caused by a variety of reasons. You obviously have a very strong computer, so it is likely not a hardware problem. If you have had the computer for a while, it could simply be that there is some dust or other foreign material inside the case. It also sounds like your computer is fairly quick when doing things other than restart. I would recommend trying to update drivers, this could be a very easy solution. If this does not help, then post again, and include the details on what exactly is happening.

Also, how long has this problem been going on?

#3 cwbuckley

cwbuckley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:35 PM

I have already made sure that all of my drivers are up to date.  I clean out the inside of my computer with can air from time to time.  As for how long its been doing this, its been doing it since I've had it.  Which is close to a year.  Thanks for you help.  I mean there are sure worse problems that you can have with a computer.  Its just that its a little frustrating if you know what I mean.

Chuck

#4 helpmepc111

helpmepc111

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 AM

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:39 AM

This is a issue with some software, or the Operating system..

#5 cwbuckley

cwbuckley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:44 AM

Well, if it were the OS, its done it since I did a clean install of win 7 and its still doing it after I did a clean install of win8.  For a time that was all that was on my computer.

I appreciate the help.  I have Norton Utilities, while I have had it installed in the past when I had win 7 on my computer, I have not yet installed it on my win 8.1.  There is no reason that I haven't installed it yet, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Chuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users