Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ReadyBoost survey

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 highfrequencyventila

highfrequencyventila

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:28 PM

Hello. This is not the place to really post questions about a function of Windows computers, but being that you can access it via the use of a flash drive, I came here. You see, I am profoundly curious on people's openions on this function of Windows  7! To begin, Windows 7 has this function where if you plug in a flash stick or whatever the lil stick things are called, you can at times get an option called "ReadyBoost." This allows them to use their flash stick as sort of a boost to their computer.  Basically It provides something similar to RAM. RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY." My question is, How much success have you had in the lines of ReadyBoost? I'm using it as I speak, and it has helped me somewhat. I've gotten some slight increase in the speed of my computer. I'd like to see other people's replies, and get some info into what they have seen with this function. If you could, please tell me what you think, and help me get others to reply, because I really want to see what people think about this function. Thank you SO MUCH, and God Bless.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoctor

SpywareDoctor

• Members
  • 256 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:14 AM

ReadyBoost was a good ideal for computers with small amounts of RAM. However, when you have more than enough RAM, ReadyBoost won’t really help . . . and that's simply because USB access is slower than RAM.

As the price of RAM decreased and more RAM was being installed in computers, the advantages of ReadyBoost in mitigating the performance deterioration due to insufficient memory has decreased.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users