Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

browser won't play videos

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 DarkD

DarkD

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:26 PM

I'm trying to get more features to run on this ancient computer which we updated to Windows 7 but I'm having no luck so far.  I posted about another problem for this computer that you can see in the link below, but this is a seperate issue.  I'm just linking you in case there's info in there that isn't in here. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528198/no-audio-output-device-is-installed/

So the problem is when I go to something like youtube, video plays for a second then stops and I get the error message

"An error occurred please try again later"

I've been getting this error since installing windows 7 but I only needed to care about it today.  I am running firefox, and I know javascript is turned on.  I even checked by going in that about:config section.  I'm currently running windows update again, but I'm pretty sure I was fairly close to being up to date before running it.  I think its just security updates that I'm installing now. 

Edited by hamluis, 09 April 2014 - 11:30 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DarkD

DarkD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:42 PM

I figured it out a little.  It's browser specific.  Firefox doesn't work and IE does. 

#3 DarkD

DarkD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:13 AM

Don't be misled by my previous message, I still need help with it.  Firefox just won't work for some damned reason...  It's been happening to a lot of people when I look it up, but no solutions to it that work have been posted yet.  My best guess is that firefox messed up their 32 bit release of the browser for windows 7 or something.  

#4 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,474 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:27 AM

Have you messed with about:config settings? It could also be a Adblock addon maybe? Try purging the history cache in firefox. Check the browsers proxy settings.... Options/Options/Advanced/Network TAB/Settings button. Be sure to set it to no proxy.

#5 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:04 AM

Basically, it's looking like a problem between the Flash Player sandboxing and the Firefox Plugin-Container.
I believe this is when/where these problems began: Inside Flash Player Protected Mode for Firefox.

Troubleshooting Flash - MozillaZine Knowledge Base gives a number of items to check.

Flash Player 11.3(and above) Protected Mode - MozillaZine Knowledge Base list many of the messages you may see and gives some suggestions and workarounds.

Disabling Protected Mode in Flash 11.3(and above) - MozillaZine Knowledge Base is the solution that worked for me.

Make sure browser(s) are closed if you decide to try Disabling Flash Protected Mode.

#6 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,474 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:24 AM

Well assuming it's up to date. Shockwave last update: Tuseday, March 11, 2014. Version: 12.0.0.77

#7 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:24 AM

As of April 8, 2014 the Adobe Flash Player is version 13.0.0.182.

As of March 13, 2014 the Adobe Shockwave Player is version 12.1.0.150.

#8 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,474 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:11 PM

Hmm that's strange my shockwave is set to update auto. Maybe that's why they updated lol. Well I went to this site http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/ and click on download and install and it popped up with just 12.1.0.150. weird. At first it locked up and didn't install and thrown out a error. Figures.

Update: Well there definitely is some issue I went here..http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?no_ab=1 and got flash player 13, but now the browser has both 12 and 13. If you disable one it disables both. That's probably why people are geting crashes lol adobe doesn't uninstall their stuff properly.

Update: Wow what a fiasco you have to uninstall everything to get just 13 and so I decided to do java too. Save thing with that. Man these guys are getting sloppy with their auto updates and uninstallers. What's the point in using the updater if you got to manually uninstall and fix their junk?? lol Anyways that's how you get it working apparently.

Update: Can't go by this link https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/ telling you that your stuff is updated or not. It says my java is outdated and it's not.

Edited by technonymous, 10 April 2014 - 08:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users