Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2nd screen in Safe mode and a question.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 highfrequencyventila

highfrequencyventila

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:02 PM

Hello to you all at bleepingcomputer.com! I'm here due to the fact I have a question. I got an HP DV6 a couple of years ago and I regret it BIG TIME. The thing is better for the junk yard thank a computer. It runs WIN 7 well not really runs rather walks windows 7 lol and the thingworked fairly well for about 6 months and then I had to restore it to factory defaults cause It gave me this recovery error garbage, and I THANK GOD found a way to get to some menu at least. I think I hit F11 and Got the menu and the best option was to restore the bleeping thing. I LOST EVERYTHING. But my 1st screen was recently broken. I use a second screen attached to the hunk of bleep. But since I've restored the thing When it boots up, It only boots up on the first screen and it doesn't show the second screen until It is ready for me to login. It was not that way prior to the restore. I've used a second screen anyway because Its easier, but the thing is, THIS THING IS SO SLOW. I was going to go into SAFE MODE to see if I can get my hands on any Malware and rip it out, but the thing is, If I go into safe mode, I DO NOT KNOW if Its going to display it in the first screen, or second screen. First screen is broken. So if it only does it on first screen I AM SCREWED BIG TIME. My question(s) are as follows.

1: How can I fix the problem with it only showing the booting up process in the first screen?  My setting is to only display on Monitor 2! This is my second screen. So How could I get the thing to boot up on monitor 2? I've tried closing the lid. DOESN'T WORK.  Second Question:

2: If I get into safe mode, and IT DOES NOT DISPLAY IN THE SECOND DISPLAY, HOW MANY TIMES DO I NEED TO HIT THE DOWN ARROW TO GET TO THE "START NORMAL"  

THIS WOULD REALLY REALLY BE NICE TO GET IT TO WHERE  I CAN ACTUALLY GET THE BLOODY THING TO BOOT UP DISPLAYING MONITOR 2 FOR BOOT UP STATUS.

UGH.

It did with the first part of the time I've had with this thing.

I don't know IF you can give me ANY assistance with this thing. It would be cool if bleepingcomputer could get a key I provide and get into the ability to actually control my computer and fix this for me. You all have been really really no PROFOUNDLY supportive of me, and I cannot thank you ANYWHERE ENOUGH.

Thank you so much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users