Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question about YouTube not buffering?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ydkkdy

ydkkdy

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:46 PM

Um, I joined this forum to see if there's anyone who could help me resolve this issue.

Lately, well starting yesterday, YouTube has been unable to buffer a video. As in, it would randomly just halt, and I would have to resfresh the page to even hope to get it to play.

I have no clue what the problem is. I've checked Shockwave Player, Java, and used several Browsers (Firefox, Chrome, IE, & Opera). Shockwave was up to date, so was Java, I cleared cache/cookies, and it still persists that there is an error that I cannot figure the problem for.

I have no clue what to do, or how to resolve. I've checked the above, and, even ran a virus scan with AVG with no results, Malware-Bytes no results, to see if there was something wrong with my computer. Nothing came up that was not immediately quarantined. I've uninstalled Firefox, and Chrome and reinstalled to see if they worked, and it seemed to work for a little bit but it just stopped buffering at a later point. I installed Opera to no avail. I've reset my computer, but still nothing. 

I would think it's a fault with my ISP (Mediacom), but I checked and nothing was off on my DL/UL, and every other application that involved an internet connection seemed to work just fine.

I've posted on Google Groups and Yahoo! Answers, but no responses from either on what the issue is.

Can anyone help me fix this? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:51 PM

Right click on the Youtube player. That takes you into Flash settings. Unclick Hardware Acceleration and see if that does the trick.

#3 ydkkdy

ydkkdy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:07 PM

Right click on the Youtube player. That takes you into Flash settings. Unclick Hardware Acceleration and see if that does the trick.

I've had it set, and it still occured.

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:33 AM

It could be your security settings are too high. These kind of things are difficult to diagnose. It could be anything.

#5 ydkkdy

ydkkdy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:09 AM

It could be your security settings are too high. These kind of things are difficult to diagnose. It could be anything.

It's just so weird, because it just randomly happened, with nothing changed to my settings. 

However, today, it seems to be working just fine, but I still want to figure it out so in case it happens again

#6 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:47 PM

It may have been a Youtube issue. I noticed this morning it was a little wonky. If that's the case, there is nothing you can do.

#7 ydkkdy

ydkkdy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:53 PM

It may have been a Youtube issue. I noticed this morning it was a little wonky. If that's the case, there is nothing you can do.

It urks me that it does that. It may have been wonky, but that's the best I can put it as. I mean, i've updated Flash Player, and Java. I've tried numerous browsers, so it must be the site itself at this point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users