Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ICE ERROR

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jayhawk Grandma

Jayhawk Grandma

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:32 PM

I have something called an ICE ERROR on my Gateway laptop computer. It has locked up my computer and I am not even able to operate in safe mode. according to what I have read, here is the solution. 1) Buy a flash drive. 2) Go to an uninfected computer. 3) Download Hitman Pro onto flash drive. 4) Put the flash drive into my laptop and the ICE ERROR should go away. For all my tech savvy friends, does this sound like I can do this? All advice would be appreciated.

Edit: Moved topic from Windows XP to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:02 PM

I am not sure that is the solution.
This may not even be malware.

ICEs - Internal Consistency Evaluators

Internal consistency evaluators, also called ICEs, are custom actions written in VBScript, JScript, or as a DLL or EXE. When these custom actions are executed, they scan the database for entries in database records that are valid when examined individually but that may cause incorrect behavior in the context of the whole database.

http://msiworld.blogspot.com/2006/10/ice-errors.html

Do you have a specific error?

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users