Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8.1 Upgrade Brightness Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 thedudeguy1

thedudeguy1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:31 PM

Hello,

I updated to Windows 8.1 (from 8.0) on my Lenovo S510P Touch and cannot seem to adjust my screen brightness. The keyboard hotkey doesn't even make a popup and when adjusting through the charms menu nothing changes. I've tried a variety of compatible drivers and nothing has worked. Detailed specifications can be found here and are also attached.

Thanks

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Darktune

Darktune

Very Purple

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:40 AM

Hey there,

Please look here page 10 (or page 3 however you look at it) it's the one starting with "Chapter 1. Getting to know your computer"

Look at the note at the bottom of the page.

Have you tried pushing FN and the key you want to press at the same time?

Darktune

It's very hard to imagine all the crazy things that things really are like. 

Electrons act like waves.. no they don't exactly, they act like particles.. no they don't exactly.

Words and ideas can change the world.

#3 thedudeguy1

thedudeguy1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:36 PM

Hey there,

Please look here page 10 (or page 3 however you look at it) it's the one starting with "Chapter 1. Getting to know your computer"

Look at the note at the bottom of the page.

Have you tried pushing FN and the key you want to press at the same time?

Darktune

Hello. I the problem is not with just the hotkey. The other hotkeys work fine but the brightness keys don't. Also, by bringing up the charms menu to adjust the screen brightness, the brightness slider can move but does not affect the brightness.

#4 Darktune

Darktune

Very Purple

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:26 PM

I had exactly the same problem with mine. Could you try pressing Fn and Spacebar at the same time and if not Fn and F9 thanks

It's very hard to imagine all the crazy things that things really are like. 

Electrons act like waves.. no they don't exactly, they act like particles.. no they don't exactly.

Words and ideas can change the world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users