Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Ram installed BSOD at boot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 VenomBlastT77

VenomBlastT77

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:22 PM

Hi there, 

I just bought a Vengeance 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory kit (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8) to install on my Packard Bell iXtreme I6523 UK. My motherboard is an Acer H57H-AM2 and I simply cannot find any form of compatibility listings anywhere.

When I start up my computer with my new ram installed, during boot it goes to a BSOD and remains there until powered down. I have tried every slot with a single stick of the new ram and both also, resulting in the same blue screen of death. My computer works fine with my old ram installed. Can anyone help me?   

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:52 PM

Did you have specific ram settings for the previous ram set in bios? Reset the bios by: hitting F2, or Delete key to get in bios, then load the default values, or by using the clear cmos jumper on the mainboard, or by pulling the cmos battery. You will need to flip the switch on the power supply to off first if you intend to reset the cmos by pulling the little button battery. Also it is possible you may need to setup the correct voltage, and latencies in bios if your board does not fully support that ram by default.

WARNING: resetting the cmos will clear all overclock settings you have (at a bios level) you may want to write those settings down before resetting.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

#3 VenomBlastT77

VenomBlastT77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:01 PM

Did you have specific ram settings for the previous ram set in bios? Reset the bios by: hitting F2, or Delete key to get in bios, then load the default values, or by using the clear cmos jumper on the mainboard, or by pulling the cmos battery. You will need to flip the switch on the power supply to off first if you intend to reset the cmos by pulling the little button battery. Also it is possible you may need to setup the correct voltage, and latencies in bios if your board does not fully support that ram by default.

WARNING: resetting the cmos will clear all overclock settings you have (at a bios level) you may want to write those settings down before resetting.

For some reason my bios doesn't give me the option to alter my voltage/latencies :/ the options, like on many other bios, just isnt there...

#4 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:55 AM

Have you tried resetting the cmos by using one of the above methods? That would be my first step.

It could be one of the new sticks of ram is bad. You could try running a memtest86 with the new sticks installed, download and burn this to a disc, then boot to the disc: Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable Binary (.zip)

If you have any errors let me know all of the information such as the failing address and the block it happened in.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users