Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Super Ad Blocker Detects Spyfalcon

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 guywhogotfalconed

guywhogotfalconed

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 18 May 2006 - 09:38 PM

Hey guys..i got infected by spyfalcon yesterday and spent 2 hrs trying to remove it. Followed the instructions in this forum and stil couldnt get it. Worse i couldnt even find the spyfalcon prog it supposedly installed in my C:\Program Files\Spy Falcon. ran the batch file and all respopses where "could not find path" etc. So as i was nearing my wits end, i went into the system32 and arranged view according to date created. Gambled and moved the following files : "winrmc32.dll, simpole, stdole3, regperf.exe and fyhhxw.dll" Reboot and voila! the damn spyfalcon wasnt there no more bugging me!

Anyway started my pc again this morn and installed a soft i wanted to try out : "Super Ad Blocker" after installation it recommended me to scan for malware etc. so i did and was i surprised when it detected spyfalcon! i removed the files to a folder on the desktop and dat was where it detected it.

Sorry if the story's long :thumbsup: All in all, just wanted to let u guys know dat the prog i tried did managed to detect spyfalcon. But i dont know if it can remove it tho.. maybe someone with more exp can tell for sure.

Screenshot below:
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 AM

Posted 19 May 2006 - 05:31 AM

The image you provided is SuperAntiSpyware scan results after completing its scan. Did you select "Next" at the bottom to quarantine and remove the files if found? fyhhxw.dll is one of the newer smitfraud variant related files that have been recently discovered.

Are you still having symptoms with popups and bogus alerts.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users