Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen of Death Infinite Loop - Unmountable Boot Volume

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 seannnn

seannnn

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:06 AM

Hello, sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section, I just signed up. I also don't know very much about computers, so please bear with me.

I have a Dell XPS M1530 that runs on Windows Vista 32 BIT.

My problem occurred after a sudden power off. Now every time I try to boot my laptop, it gives me to option to boot "safe mode", "safe mode with networking", "safe mode with command prompt", "last known good configuration (advanced)", and "start windows normally". I've tried all of the options above, but immediately after (or during) the loading sign with © Microsoft Corporation, it suddenly restarts after a split second glimpse of the BSOD. The process repeats all over again.

When I select "disable automatic restart on system failure," the BSOD reads:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage

to your computer.

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen,

restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow

these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.

If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer

for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware

or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.

If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart

your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then

select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x000000ED (0x8658E100, 0xC0000185, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I've also tried to boot it with the Windows Vista CD, but after the © Microsoft Corporation loading sign it just remains as a blank, black screen, no matter how long I wait.

If there are any solutions for this problem, please just leave it down below and it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Seannnn

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,000 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:36 AM

I would suggest doing a Repair Installation.  You can find step by step instructions for this a Windows Vista Forums.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 seannnn

seannnn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:16 PM

I've tried booting with the CD. Although it finishes loading the files, it doesn't let me get past the © Microsoft Corporation loading sign. It just remains as a blank, black screen.

#4 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:05 AM

I've tried booting with the CD. Although it finishes loading the files, it doesn't let me get past the © Microsoft Corporation loading sign. It just remains as a blank, black screen.

These types of symptoms are common with failing hard drives. Most Dell laptops came with a built in self diagnostic test program. To run that, please try the below steps.

1. Press F12 during powering on to bring the startup menu.

2. Choose Diagnostic and let it run. Report whether it shows any error code.

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 09 April 2014 - 12:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users