Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 USB 3 drivers being funny

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 froggyfixit

froggyfixit

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:03 PM

First off, running an AMD a10 5600k (no overclock) with 16GB 2133MHZ ram. Running windows 7 sp1 ultimate 64 bit. Now, my issue is that just about every other boot, my usb 3 drivers will fail to load. If i shut down, flip the PSU switch off and on and boot again, the drivers load up just fine. What on earth is going on? My current dirver is as follows:

Driver Pdovider: Advanced Micro Devices

Driver Date:   5/28/2013

Driver Version: 1.1.0.153

Digital Signature: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,301 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:51 AM

It could be a hardware issue but try the latest chipset drivers for AMD here. Dated 9/2013

#3 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:22 AM

You forgot to mention your motherboard make and model. USB drivers depend on motherboard.

If you want, you can publish your system specs using this guide : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/

#4 froggyfixit

froggyfixit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:25 AM

I'm at work currently, but will try the new drivers tonight. I am using the asrock extreme6 fm2 board, sorry I forgot to mention that.

#5 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:41 AM

In that case, you should download drivers from Asrock site,

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/FM2A85X%20Extreme6/?cat=Download&os=Win764

#6 froggyfixit

froggyfixit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:37 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/do47WJ5IhpyJeYGxBfkpo4d here is my speccy snapshot. I dont trust the 80C temp for my CPU since the 7660D listed in the graphics section is on the same chip as the CPU, and it shows around 12C and I know AMD has issues with the temp sensors onboard. Let me know if yall see anything.

#7 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:08 PM

You should enter the UEFI setup at the boot time by pressing Delete or F2, and in the Advanced -> USB Configuration section, set everything to Enabled.

Then install latest USB 3.0 Drivers from this link

Restart your PC and see if it stays.

#8 froggyfixit

froggyfixit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:44 PM

I enabled all theUSB setting in the UEFI (all were already enabled except for one that was Auto), and the update finally worked on the drivers, I have the AMD ones installed (though for some reason, its the may release not the more recent September release) but they have worked just fine for all the boot ups since, So I would call it case closed for now. Thanks for all the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users