Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can I connect DVR to all in one?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 maxell505

maxell505

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 PM

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:40 PM

Hi everyone. I am planning on getting a DVR. This is one of my choices:

http://www.amazon.com/Q-See-QT4760-1-16-Channel-Recording-Pre-Installed/dp/B00DW9U3B2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396827276&sr=8-1&keywords=16+channel+DVR

I recently bought an all-in-one touchscreen windows 8 based computer. If I get this DVR(the link above), will I be able to use my All-in-One PC as a monitor for my DVR? My all-in-one PC has 6 USB ports and only one HDMI port. The all-in-one that I have is a Lenovo C440. I am fine with installing special software for this to work. My all-in-one does not have any VGA ports. Please help. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,445 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:42 AM

From this "Stream Live Video Directly to a remote MAC/PC/iPhone/iPad/Android. Receive email alerts upon motion detection." it sounds like you access the live feed over your network.  You'd have to take a look at the documentation to see if you can access the recorded data this way also.

Your HDMI is an HDMI out, so you cannot connect it as an input.

You might need something like HDMI USB Digital Video Recorder - Capture Live Video Directly to PC to input HDMI to your machine.

You might ask on Amazon if you can stream recorded content.

#3 maxell505

maxell505
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:47 PM

From this "Stream Live Video Directly to a remote MAC/PC/iPhone/iPad/Android. Receive email alerts upon motion detection." it sounds like you access the live feed over your network.  You'd have to take a look at the documentation to see if you can access the recorded data this way also.

Your HDMI is an HDMI out, so you cannot connect it as an input.

You might need something like HDMI USB Digital Video Recorder - Capture Live Video Directly to PC to input HDMI to your machine.

You might ask on Amazon if you can stream recorded content.

Thank you so much. Can you recommend a good 24 channel DVR because I just realized that I need 24 cameras instead of 16.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users