Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need to use Pin to login not Pw

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OMGreally

OMGreally

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:00 PM

Hi everyone. This very basic but important aspect of logging in is to always know your password and if your smart create a recovery disc in the very beginning, right. For years I haven't know my pw and have been using a pin instead!!!! I know, asking for trouble. For whatever reason my computer decided that it only wants my pw. I CANT GET IN. It took me an hour to figure out how to use the old safe mode but I'm such a novice I can't remember how that will even help. You guys are much smarter and hopefully can save me! What do I do? I have some major suppressed anger over here and could use a helping hand even if you're sick of helping us dummies. Thanks. I'm on the edge of my seat.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AngryRaisin

AngryRaisin

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:16 AM

there should be a keypad looking button under the password box and if you click that it should allow you to enter in your pin instead of you password.

#3 SomeChuck

SomeChuck

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:54 PM

Hello All,

I have the same problem as OMGreally does Above with a Twist. I too, can remember my Windows PIN and not the Password to Login to my Windows 8 Laptop. The problem is, there is NO Keypad or Key Symbol, Icon or Picture under the Box or Line to type the Password In. Is it still possible to change the Sign In Line or Box requiring the Password to Require the PIN instead? I do have a Microsoft Account but, do not use it to Login. Of course this type of thing only happens when you are under the gun to get something done. Any HELP would be Greatly Appreciated ! 

#4 Nyana

Nyana

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 13 April 2014 - 03:27 AM

You can set a PIN code here:

- Go to your Charms bar (hover mouse to upper-right corner of screen)

- Go to Settings (cogwheel)

- Go to Change PC Settings (bottom-right most option)

- Go to Accounts

- Go to Login Options (not sure what the English term is as I am using a different language OS)

- Set your PIN code, or gesture, or password, or combination.

Edited by Nyana, 13 April 2014 - 03:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users