Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Explorer quirk (or is it me?)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 junglejim

junglejim

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:32 PM

I do a lot of file management with the Explorer and have come upon a behavior that is puzzling.

The first is when I have a folder or disk drive that I need to see what sub-folders are in/on the folder, I click on the small "arrowhead" to the left

of the item in the left window. And what happens? Windows expands that drive/folder and MOVES IT TO THE BOTTOM OF THE LEFT WINDOW

so that you can't see any of the sub-folders in the expanded folder!  Logically, it seems to me that someone expanding a folder means he/she wants

to SEE the sub-folders, not have them hidden off the bottom of the window.  I would like to see Explorer, upon expanding a folder in the left window,

expand the folder and move it to the TOP of the window so that one may see what sub-folders exist in the subject folde.

I have done extensive research on this "quirk" and have found no mentions of it and little if any Explorer bugs at all.  I wanted to

see if anyone finds this annoying or is it just me.  Has anyone seen anymention of thsi before?

Any comments you may havewould be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,401 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:20 PM

Doesn't the file open properly in the right pane?  I am pretty sure I see the same thing you do, what ever you click on in the left opens downward but is in full view in the right pane. 

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users