Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless card constantly dropping my internet connection

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Milway

Milway

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:51 PM

Hi there,

I don't really know what is causing my wireless card to be constantly dropping my internet connection on my Dell XPS 17.

I am a bit lost here, due that the rest of the computers in the house don't seem to have the same problem as I have, so I am guessing the router is not the problem, even though I could be wrong.

I was thinking at first that this could be the wireless card that needs to be replaced, because of the constant dropping of the internet, but it is very strange that I can stay connected for 2 minutes to up to sometimes 2 hours or more, without losing the connection and other times are more constant.

The intervals within each dropping are between 2 to 7mins or 1hr when streaming a youtube video, (this depend on the video), if I am surfacing the net this will happen from 20 to 30 or 45 minutes to up to 1 or 2hr or more.   

The connection goes and comes but sometimes I have to go through the diagnostic tool in windows to get the connection back.

Yesterday night I update the Intel PROset/wireless drive and the connection was stable for the rest of the night, but this morning I came back to the same song as before, the connection once again dropped. I have installed this morning Wireshark to analysis my network and I got a lot of black TCP’s , now the strange thing is that when I uninstall the program, the connection has been very stable since then.  

But I am still wondering for how long this will last and what is causing this issue that I cannot resolve after a month a half.  :smash:

I am a two to three feet from the wireless connection so that is not the issue.

I hope someone can help me to resolve this issue . :)

Edited by Milway, 06 April 2014 - 02:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Milway

Milway
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:47 PM

Hi, 

Just an update, the connection has dropped once again after 3hrs, I am going to start making a list to check the time a connection drops.  

Any thoughts what this could be? 

Thanks

Edited by Milway, 06 April 2014 - 04:48 PM.

#3 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:15 PM

Sounds like the card might be flooding the network. I ahve seen cards/NIC's flood and i mean big floods when performing an arp lookup. I would goto the advanced settings of the network adaptor and make sure all the settings are set to default.

I forgot to add, delete the WiFi profile on the machine, then reboot and re-add/re-join the wireless network and see if that helps. Also check the event viewer log (eventvwr.msc in Run) and check for any odvious errors.

Edited by JohnnyJammer, 06 April 2014 - 11:16 PM.

#4 Milway

Milway
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:58 PM

Hi Jonny,

I have found the main problem and is resolve.

Thank you for your time 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users