Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My All In One PC's display backlight partially dead?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OriginalPromise

OriginalPromise

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:00 AM

Hi. I just got this computer from Amazon 3 days ago, and I'm now starting to notice some backlight issues.

It is something like the image below, except the dark part is less than that and it's at the bottom left side of my screen.

http://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/igi/ZeoymweLaJCYh3Ba.standard

Should I just return it or send it to Samsung because this is under warranty?

P.S. My PC is 

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-DP700A7D-S03US-27-Inch-Touchscreen-Desktop/dp/B0098NTFRO/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1393993526&sr=1-2&keywords=samsung+all+in+one

Thank you in advance.

Edit: I forgot to mention, it seems to fix if the screen is warmed up for a while either by itself or if I turn the screen off and back on.

There was a 5.1 Magnitude earthquake while this item was shipping.

Edited by OriginalPromise, 06 April 2014 - 11:21 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 SpywareDoctor

SpywareDoctor

• Members
  • 256 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:48 AM

The first step would be to contact Amazon and ask them what to do next.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users