Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How can I make this site iPad friendly?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tooty

tooty

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:00 PM

Hi guys, I am hoping someone can offer guidance in making a visual website without flash.

I would like to hiring someone to create a different version of this website --> http://www.headneckbrainspine.com/Neuroanatomy-modules.php (HNBS). Please check out the individual modules.

HNBS is an outstanding resource in learning imaging neuroanatomy. There is no other education resource like what the creator of HNBS has done in terms of contouring every single anatomic part of each module. I would like to do the same with other areas of the body, like the chest, abdo, pelvis, shoulder, knee, etc. and I would also like to model a quiz feature after that of HNBS. Since I have little programming experience, I am going to hire someone to do the coding. I would provide the stacks of images and I would contour every part myself with something like ImageJ to create a database of coordinates to highlight for each anatomic structure.

One challenge I face now is that I would like to make the new website iPad-friendly. HNBS as it stands uses .swf files which does not work with a touch-screen mainly because of the mouse-over function. I was wondering if there is a flash-alternative method that can both replicate the mechanics of the current HNBS on desktop/laptops with a mouse as well as allow iPad users to navigate it with a finger? Perhaps the iPad user can tap-and-drag a cursor to mimic the mouse-over and use the 'double-tap' to select a highlighted area?

Is there such a flash-alternative method? Thanks very much!

Edited by tooty, 05 April 2014 - 06:03 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TonyinTexas

TonyinTexas

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:15 AM

Ths would be so amazing to have this available on Ipad or tablets. Direct answer to your question: is there an alternative... not yet.  As you well know these mobile devices do not have the RAM or storage capacity  of laptops or desktops. The many slices necessary to present each anatomic module would quickly take up all the capacity for mobile devices.

There are two windows of opportunity that i see  One is  Osiri X HD  the second is Ispring Pro which is designed to interface with IOS.

The programming you want to gravitate to is HTML5 which is supported by the IOS.  Because your project will have a much larger application when appied to visual presentations  you might consider a  joint venture with Isping or Orisi.  Offer some of  your images for them to use in designing a marketable product in exchange for a working program yuo can apply to your project.

Edited by McAllenMobile, 16 April 2014 - 12:18 AM.

#3 Wamill

Wamill

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:26 AM

One way to do it is by making it responsive. Instead of using fixed width you have to use percentage so that the elements will automatically adjust based on the width of the screen of the viewer. That's what I do to most of my sites but I could be wrong though

#4 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 431 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:07 PM

Have a look here...

http://matthewjamestaylor.com/blog/ipad-layout-with-landscape-portrait-modes

Andy

#5 neilbuddy

neilbuddy

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:06 AM

Everything that they do with the Flash (.swf) files could be done with HTML5 canvas, and HTML5 will work on all mobile devices and PC/Mac webbrowsers without any plugins.  Here is a basic example at http://www.html5canvastutorials.com/labs/html5-canvas-world-map-svg-path-with-kineticjs/ that uses the KinectJS library.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users