Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I need some help removing Teebik Popups? Unwanted popups on MacbookPro

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Loopyloo

Loopyloo

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:59 PM

Hi, I have a MacBookPro running Mountain Lion. I'm using Firefox 28.0 as my browser. Recently I've been getting a ton of popups with Loa.teebik.com as the source? I found tutorials for removing them from Windows operating systems but  none for Macs. If I could get any help that would be great.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:51 AM

Hi, I have a MacBookPro running Mountain Lion. I'm using Firefox 28.0 as my browser. Recently I've been getting a ton of popups with Loa.teebik.com as the source? I found tutorials for removing them from Windows operating systems but  none for Macs. If I could get any help that would be great.

I am not really that knowledgeable about malware/adware/virus removal in general, but especially on Mac…but I will see what I can do as I do know Macs quite well.

Do you get the pop-up when if you try Safari or Chrome?

Are you running any sort of anti-virus/malware programs on your Mac? If so, have you tried scanning with that program? If not, have you trying installing such a program and running a scan?

Based upon looking at some of the removal instructions for Windows, it is possible that it will also affect Safari and Chrome as it seems to effect all browsers in Windows…but it might be different for the Mac. And it may not be detected by an anti-virus same as some site seem to suggest that it is "legal" adware that you get when installing some so-called "legitimate" programs from the web.

Have you installed anything new that you downloaded from the web? If so, it may have come with the program.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users