Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

advice needed for a better cooling

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:51 PM

good evening to all

please, i wish to have your kind advice for a better cooling solution for my pc

i have an intel g530 with the stock cooler but i think that my temp is a little bit high than normal (under full load 55-58 degrees celcius)

also, my asus p8h61 is getting really hot especially the northbridge chipset under long video rendering jobs

my case is an old cooler master elite series 330 with only an exhaust 80 mm fan

i am thinking for the deepcool theta 30 as cpu cooler which is nearly twice the size of the stock intel cooler and an 120 mm intake fan for the case

pc case cooler master series 330

intel g530

seagate barracuda 250 gb hd

2 x 2 dimm apacer ddr3  ram

samsung dvdrw

500 watts psu arctic power

may i have please your advice ?

many thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 compnovo

compnovo

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:43 PM

Usually a stock Intel cooler does an adequate job as long as the thermal compound is still good and the fins haven't clogged up.  Before spending money on a new cooler I would try pulling the stock cooler, then cleaning it up and applying new thermal compound.  However, I would definitely install that 120mm intake fan.

Edited by compnovo, 07 April 2014 - 04:44 PM.

Core i7 4771 - GA-B85-HD3 - PNY GTX760 - 16GB G.Skill 1333 - Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD - Toshiba 2TB HDD - Corsair 200R Carbide Case - Corsair CX600M - Windows 8.1 Pro

#3 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:57 AM

good afternoon dear compnovo and i thank you for your kind reply

i have used all ready a good quality thermal paste (revoltec diamond) but i think my problem have to do with the case cooling so i will try to install an intake 120 mm fan

thanks again

#4 diggi

diggi

• Members
  • 335 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:12 PM

Good idea, get a case fan that blows directly on the problem areas i.e. northbridge and cpu as you stated, also if the deepcool theta is twice the size then it should be a definite upgrade over the stock cooler

#5 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:18 AM

good afternoon dear diggi and i thank you for your kind reply

yes, it is good to buy a good and powerful 120 mm intake fan for my case

the deepcool theta 30 cpu cooler is really bigger than the stock cooler but it is not from copper, is just an aluminium budget cooler but i hope to have a better cooling because of it's larger size

#6 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:51 AM

Hi, based from the full load temperatures provided, it is within range of safe operation as the maximum temperature for the Intel Celeron G530 is 69.1 degrees celcius although adding that 120mm intake fan would help the airflow in the case and the northbridge.  

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#7 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:43 PM

good evening dear killerx525

i thank you very much for your kind reply and for the infos

ok, i will go for an 120 mm intake fan

thanks again

#8 helpmepc111

helpmepc111

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:09 AM

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. Even i had this problem from last few days. I will try out with your solution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users