Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

multipe notepad.exe running in the task manager

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 iceblaze93

iceblaze93

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:41 AM

Hi everyone!
So this morning i started checking my usual stuff (facebook, news etc.) and i noticed the system is extremely slow. Then i decided to play some Hearthstone and in the middle of the match i got an error from Window stating that it will close Hearthstone to save memory. And it did. I checked the Task Manager and i noticed 4 notepad.exe running. I googled it and it appears to be a QAZ trojan that replaces the original notepad. I read multiple sites and every one of them states that the only way to remove it is to delete it from the registry under the Run tree. Now the problem is i can't see it running in the registry. I tried searching it and nothing. I can barely write this post because Windows keeps bugging me about running out of memory. 

I ran AdwCleaner and Malwarebytes AntiMalware but they didn't fix the problem. I may mention that after i restart the computer the Notepad.exe-s do not appear immediatly but after 8-10 minutes. Please help me remove these because i can't do anything at all. Windows just closes everything automatically because it runs out of memory. 

Thanks in advance, iceblaze

PS: sorry for my bad english.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 iceblaze93

iceblaze93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:20 PM

Little update:
I found out that my mother got a message from one if her friends on facebook and ofcourse she opened it...
Earlier this afternoon i started my PC in Safe Mode but no success. Restarting in Normal Mode after and MSE popped up with a message that it blocked a Trojan ( Injector KK or something like that). This happened for the second time a few hours ago. There are no more notepad.exe running in the Task Manager but i know the Trojan/Virus is still there. I tried TDSSKiller by Kaspersky but it didn't find anything. Just to be sure i ran MBAM and AdwCleaner for the 2nd time but still no threats found. Im out of ideas how to remove that Trojan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users