Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 slow downloads

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:47 AM

Hi all,

Win 7 MSI U135DX,1GB Ram,NETBOOK,all of a sudden i have very slow download speeds.This is a second hand system,hardly used,i did remove a couple of viruses and pups and all was fine

for a couple of days,then today i have downloads crawling and cant install new antivirus because of

the slow download speed.Ive tried,

netsh interface tcp set global rss=disabled

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

netsh int ip set global taskoffload=disabled

Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro come up clean

Ideas anyone?Thanks

Edited by Wolverine 7, 05 April 2014 - 04:57 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:44 AM

Ok fixed,modem problem not system,tanx anyway.

#3 isiah

isiah

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:25 PM

hi, I downloaded a free software-Toolwiz Care and installed. Now I found my pc run better than before. I think you can have a try.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:03 PM

hi, I downloaded a free software-Toolwiz Care and installed. Now I found my pc run better than before. I think you can have a try.

Not a good idea, IMO.  This website does not support the use of "optimizers/registry cleaners".

Microsoft support policy for the use of registry cleaning utilities - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2563254

Registry cleaner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Registry_cleaner

Registry Cleaner FAQ, PC Support - http://pcsupport.about.com/od/registry-cleaner/a/registry-cleaner-faq.htm

Louis

#5 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:20 PM

Hamluis is right,you should uninstall.Pc maintanence and especially registry editing should be done manually and then only if you know what your doing.

These types of softwares will eventully fragment and damage your registry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users