Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB Controller listed under Other Devices

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Twinkiey

Twinkiey

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:23 AM

In the Device Manager, under Other Devices, is a USB Controller with no registered driver. 2 of my laptop's 3 USB ports don't work either. I've tried updating my drivers, but I'm willing to admit I may have done it wrong. Advice?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:24 AM

Hi

They should be USB 3.0 controllers. Have you downloaded and installed USB 3 driver for your model from official support site ?. 

#3 Twinkiey

Twinkiey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:55 AM

I have an Intel Series 6/C200 chipset, Windows 7-64 bit. On the Intel website I can only find support for the series 7 and 8 models. But, doing a bit more digging, I found this: http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/usb3/sb/CS-033082.htm which states that Series 6 uses the Renesas Electronics* USB 3.0 driver. Thus, I installed the driver, and went into the device manger, telling the USB Controller to run the Renesas Electronics* USB 3.0 Host Controller, as it didnt recognize it automatically. Now I'm getting Error 10 saying the device wont run at all.

#4 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:04 AM

Hi

What is the make ad model of your laptop ?. Also please upload a system information report if possible.

1. In the RUN dialogue, enter Msinfo32.exe and press enter.

2. Choose File --> Save and upload the report to Microsoft one drive -  https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-in/

Post the download link and hopefully i will be able to track down the correct driver.

#5 Twinkiey

Twinkiey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:13 AM

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=E07BC5103695A82!107&authkey=!AObOXLjjo7qOc6A&ithint=file%2c.txt

#6 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• BC Advisor
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:56 AM

Hi

Drivers for both USB 3 and VGA seems to be not installed. Please follow the below steps.

1. Remove the wrong USB 3 driver via Device manager --> Delete Driver option.

Like this:

200921711042392.jpg

Reboot the machine.

2. Download ad install the correct drivers from the below link.

http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/support/model/NP700Z3A-S02HK-downloads#

USB : Version 1.14.3.0 released on 2012 - 1 - 30

VGA : Version 8.951.9.3000  released on 2012 - 2 - 21

Let me know whether it helps.

#7 Twinkiey

Twinkiey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:26 AM

You know, there's a reason I always come back here when I cant solve a problem. I looked for those drivers for 6 hours, Jesus. Where'd you find them? (Probably somewhere obvious)

Problem Resolved

Edited by Twinkiey, 05 April 2014 - 08:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users