Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

adobe flash player.exe Fake Update - Request for Assistance

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sjeffries

Sjeffries

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:54 PM

Toshiba Satellite C875 w/ Pentium B970 @ 2.3 GHz
Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1

Had just started using my PC when a popup showed urging me to update Adobe Flash, showing "adobe flash player.exe" as the file name (there is the possibility that it was "adobe flash updater.exe"). I clicked cancel, and then I started seeing really heavy internet usage.  I installed & ran Malwarebytes which found and quarantined a number of "Trojans"  and also blocked my PC from accessing a number of websites it was trying to connect to without my doing anything.  I restarted my PC, ran MB again and more Trojans found, did it again and nothing found, but my PC is still acting the same, whenever it's connected to the internet really heavy usage starts up without me opening or doing anything.  And even when not connected it's very slow now.

If the solution is very complex, I would rather just format it as I have nothing I need on it.  I have read online about this virus and it seems like I might have some problems.  Any advice?

Edited by Sjeffries, 05 April 2014 - 02:54 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:02 AM

Hello Sjefferies -

Is This Link the one to ehboi.com.de that you mention ??
It is a bit hard to find another current ehboi.com, at the moment.

So while you look around, please see This Real Adobe Flash Download

First go to Control Panel > Programs and Features and Uninstall anything that looks like Flash Player.

Also check your Addons / Extensions for Flash Player .............

Now download, only from the Genuine Adobe site, but Un-Tick any Free Offers for Google, Chrome, Etc.

I want to confirm whether I can format it and reload it from scratch and be free of this thing.

Seems to be overkill for a small problem, but try System Restore to a date about 1 or 2 weeks back, if you do have a real concern.

#3 Sjeffries

Sjeffries
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:56 AM

Thank you for your response noknojon, however I feel I was not clear enough in my description.  I went ahead and re-wrote my original post.  If you would please, scroll up and re-read it, perhaps it will be clearer now.

Let me know what you think, and thank you so much.

Edited by Sjeffries, 05 April 2014 - 03:22 AM.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:08 PM

Hi -

2 quick items may help with your new "phrasing" of the problem, and finding what to remove.

First : Regardless of the outcome, Uninstall any versions of Adobe Flash Player listed in Programs and Features.

Now : Reinstall it, but, Only use This Real Adobe Flash Download I have left above for Adobe Programs, not any others just yet.

Please follow the "Watch for Add Ons" included with downloads (always do this).

If you do still have the old Logs from Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, please post them ?? Then Update and Rescan with MBAM.

Now post the second (current) lot of MBAM logs also (was this the only Security Program to detect problems ??).

Malwarebytes has had a major update, so please accept any alterations offered to update to Version200.0 -

Edited by noknojon, 05 April 2014 - 06:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users