Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with Celeron

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DigitalRain

DigitalRain

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 01 June 2004 - 09:21 PM

I have a Compusa work series Celeron 560mhz system - is it possible to upgrade the processor to Penitum II. I hear that the chip set is different on the Penitum III and 4.

Plus I put a DVD burner in and hooked my DVD ROM drive together. and can't get the computer to see them. If I make the DVD burner the master it reads it as a CD drive. Is this because of the system I have or did I hook it up wrong.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HuckerJ

HuckerJ

• Members
  • 189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 14 June 2004 - 11:50 AM

I doubt that you can. I've heard that usually to save money, companies put in the cheapest motherboard that only supports what you have now and lower. For the price of a Pentium II, I see no reason to not try it.

I don't know about the DVD burner question except that when I got a DVD burner, the manual said make the DVD drive master and CD drive slave.
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary notation, and those who do not.
Posted Image - It plays, it streams, it kills WiMPs!!

#3 newwavecomputers

newwavecomputers

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 15 July 2004 - 10:09 PM

Hey Digital, go to my site, run the free program that analyzes your cpu. I can tell you if it is possible once you have information.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users