Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with Yahoo Email sending out random stuff from my account.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sandman512

sandman512

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:17 PM

So, I access Yahoo email from several computers, including a mac and also my Android phone.  Several months back, a lot of contacts were receiving SPAM like stuff from my account.  I changed my password and all was good.  Today, two people informed me that they were receiving random stuff from my account.  I changed my password again.  Any thoughts on this?  Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 415 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:14 PM

Most likely your email address is being 'Spoofed.' It's not really being sent from your account. Check your Sent Items Email folder. Google 'Email Address Spoofed' for more information. The mail your friends are receiving usually only contain a link to a questionable website. Advise your friends not to open anything suspicious.

Here's one article: http://www.pcworld.com/article/253305/minimize_your_exposure_to_email_spoofing.html

I never make the same mistake twice....I always make it 5 or 6 times just to be sure!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users