Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet watchdog malware won't uninstall

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Elleno

Elleno

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:32 PM

I somehow foolishly ended up with the Internet Watchdog malware and can't open anything because of it. I googled it and came across a step by step method from this website to uninstall it. Halfway through, the Watchdog program came back up ( after rebooting in the steps) and the computer froze. I was at the step where you click on the ? From internet watchdog to get to their registry page. So I shut down and tried to refollow all the steps. However, when I start up in safe command and type explorer.exe it says something like registry file not found. Can anyone help me get rid of Internet Watchdog?

Edited by hamluis, 04 April 2014 - 06:23 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:53 PM

Hello Elleno -

Windows Internet Watchdog is a rogue anti-spyware program from the Rogue. FakeVimes family of computer infections.
Please read this new information from BleepingComputer Removal Guide

If more detailed information is required, please post back, as I will be watching this.

Good luck with removal, and we are always here for more information.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users