Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with CryptoLocker, unfortunately need to purchase decryption

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jlbailey77

jlbailey77

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 PM

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:23 PM

I have a Win7 workstation with CryptoLocker on a network with encrypted files on local and network drives.  I have not seen a desktop shortcut or popup screen with info to purchase decryption but do need to move forward with that as the solution to gaining access to the encrypted files. 

Thanks for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:56 PM

There is a lengthy (current) ongoing discussion in this topic: =>> Cryptolocker Hijack program.

Since this infection is so widespread, rather than have everyone start individual topics, it would be best (and more manageable for staff) if you posted any questions or comments in that thread.

Grinler (aka Lawrence Abrams), the site owner of BleepingComputer, has also created this tutorial:
CryptoLocker Ransomware Information Guide and FAQ

Depending on the version of the infection, Also see this topic at Malwarebytes Forum

Good luck in solving your problem .....

#3 jlbailey77

jlbailey77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:07 PM

So I guess the question is, how do I get to the TOR site listed here? ...  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/cryptolocker-ransomware-information#wallpaper  So that I can  upload an encrypted file and perform a search for my public key??

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:29 PM

Hello,

You have posted to "Am I Infected", which you are, so please reply to the related topics as posted.

Please refer to the Main Ongoing CryptoLocker Topic, or in the case of Variants :
There is a lengthy ongoing discussion in this topic: CryptoDefense - Newest cryptolocker variant.

Rather than have everyone start individual topics, it would be best (and more manageable for staff) if you posted any questions or comments in that topic discussion.

This area is mostly looked after by people that do not have Full Malware Removal Qualifications.

For this reason only, we find your problem, and try to direct you to the correct help areas (as done).

#5 jlbailey77

jlbailey77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:51 PM

Ah, Thanks.  First time user.

Thanks for the help.

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,576 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:56 PM

First time user.

That's not a problem. We have many first time and novice users at Bleeping Computer.

Our job is to point you in the right direction for getting the help you need.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users