Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Cannot istall this hardware" error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 schmuck585

schmuck585

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:57 PM

Hello, I have a problem of which I cannot find a solution. It started when I purchased a new 32gb usb flash drive. I, like so many other people have a few usb flash drives and always looking for a good deal on larger drives. I found a great deal on A 32gb Centon Pro drive which was 4.95 after rebate from T.D.whith a purchase limit of 6, so I bought 2. When I received it  I plugged it in and was receiving an error stating "Cannot Install this hardware". Right off I thought this might be a bad drive. I proceded to do a low level format with the possibility of getting it to work. I tried to install it again and the same error. I tried a different flash drive that my son had and it did the same thing. The weird thing is that I get this error and happens only on new flash drives. To top it all off, I checked in "My Computer" and they show up and they are accessible. So it seems that the only thing is that I get that window popping up and a ballon on the task bar saying that it found new hardware but there was an error and it may not work properly. If anyone has any good ideas, please do not hesitate to offer it.  Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,876 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:10 PM

I've never received the "cannot install this hardware" message...but take a look at This .

"found new hardware but there was an error and it may not work properly"

Occasionally...I receive that error when attaching my .mp3 player or a flash drive.  I usually ignore it or reboot the system since I believe that's what's required.

Mistakenly or not, I interpret it as a sign that Windows has some configuration adjustment to make, which occurs when the reboot is accomplished.

I've never known it to cause any problems on my systems.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 04 April 2014 - 05:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users