Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Installer is stuck, slowing everything down to a crawl

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fricktastic

fricktastic

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:18 AM

My windows installer is stuck, continually trying to install something, still not sure what.  It is eating up my physical memory, print jobs cannot load all the way and get stuck continually trying to print half way.  My mouse gets stuck, or starts lagging.  this has been going on for about a month.  My friend worked on my computer last week, and it seemed to have gotten a little better, although the installer kept trying to install, but today, it is worse than it has ever been.  Just to get to the point where I am posting this took 30 minutes.  I work for myself, and dont have any IT department to look to.  Just me.   :(

Ive tried reading forums and tried my own research, but either the language that is being used is beyond my computer skills, or i just havent found an answer.

Any help would be much appreciated.

:(

Edited by hamluis, 04 April 2014 - 04:33 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dls62

dls62

• Members
  • 623 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:23 AM

Try running the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter.  That may rectify the problem.

#3 fricktastic

fricktastic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:47 AM

dls62, Thank you, I have tried that.  It will uninstall something when I run that, but it still does not fix the problem.  still keeps trying to intall "something", and still cannot uninstall anything, without an error message saying that either the windows installer is not installed correctly, or that windows installer is busy.

#4 dls62

dls62

• Members
  • 623 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:57 AM

Please download MiniToolBox by Farbar to your Desktop and run it.

Check-mark the following boxes:

• List last 10 Event Viewer Errors
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Devices – Only Problems
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size

Click Go and copy and paste the contents of the log (Result.txt) into your reply.

#5 fricktastic

fricktastic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:17 PM

Here you go

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users