Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wierd issue.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 P8riot

P8riot

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:09 PM

Not sure if I am infected, or what, but here is my issue:

I woke up today, and went to my usual site, to check the news, and post my 2 cents on the stories.

I can normally do this without issue.

Problem, when you post a comment, other people can post a reply to your comment, and they can pile up, depending on what you comment. I check back on my comments to see what people say, and to respond if needed. To check on responses you have you click on the "show conversation" bar under your comment, and now when I do this, and scroll down to read the comments, the conversation box just closes, and I can't read them all, and this site in general has become less responsive.

I can navigate, and scroll down on this site just fine it seems, but this news site has become slow, and scrolling down on the pages has become "choppy".

Things I do, and have done.

I normally run my browser, Firefox, in sandboxie, and normally only use it unsandboxed to update, bookmark, and whatnot.

I have uninstalled, and reinstalled Firefox, and Shockwave Flash. I uninstalled Comodo internet security, and reinstalled the firewall only.

I installed dragon browser, and tried I.E. both of which were just as slow, and closed the conversation box in the same mannor.

I have run a full scan with MBAM, and ran adwcleaner. (before I tried the other browsers), and adwcleaner found one file in firefox, don't remember what it was, but it changed nothing.

It seems that any site with pictures, and video are now loading/scrolling a lot slower now, and I have no clue why. This site seems fine.

My question? Do I have some malware, or did my laptop go past it's warranty?

Toshiba C655, Win 7.

Hope this is the correct forum as I don't know what is exactly wrong...

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 P8riot

P8riot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:18 PM

Ok, no need to respond to this.

A fellow poster has told me that my problem is with ghostery.

You can close this topic.

Thank you.

#3 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 38,779 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:43 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users