Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CD or DVD burning on Windows XP crashes computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 drpeterlathrop

drpeterlathrop

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:15 PM

My Windows XP computer reads CD's and DVD's.  When I try to burn either with any burner program, the computer crashes and I have to reboot.  I have replaced the CD player to no avail.  I have messed with possible Nero issues and software issues to no avail.  Any ideas?  I do know what I'm doing.

Peter

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,965 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:23 PM

Right click the DVD burner in My Computer, select properties and under the Recording tab uncheck enable CD recording on this device if it is checked. If it is already unchecked do you have the Nero install CD in case you need to reinstall it?

c00368150.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users