Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SD card not reading

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 camaro69

camaro69

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:54 PM

My SD card is not reading my phone.Its keeps saying "sd is blank or has unsupported filesys........" it cuts off by the end of the screen. When I click on it, it wants me to reformat it. I do not want to reformat my sd card. because if I do all my data from SD card would be lost. is there anything I can do to fix my sd card without reformatting it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,336 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:04 AM

Try reading the sd card with a separate card reader on a computer. If that works, copy the contents of the sd card to a folder on the computer. Then you can format the sd card. Then copy the contents from the folder on the computer back to the sd card. I suggest that you copy one folder at a time. That way if there is a corrupt file, you will have a better chance of identifying which one it is.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 camaro69

camaro69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:32 PM

I tried that and it said I needed to reformat which I don't wanna do obviously :-)

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,336 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:04 PM

So you're saying that you tried reading the SD card with a reader on your computer? And the computer reader gave you the same error as your phone? That information wasn't in your original topic. And I do understand you not wanting to format. But if you can't copy the contents using the computer I don't know of any other way.

Hopefully someone else has knowledge of an alternative method.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#5 camaro69

camaro69
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:19 PM

I guess what I ment was I tryed your method today and it also said the same thing that it said on my phone....... so I guess my SD card is a lost cause then huh

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,336 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:32 PM

Maybe not. But I personally don't know of a way to extract and copy the files if the SDcard can't be read by another device like your computer.

We can keep this topic open and see if anyone else has suggestions.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users