Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

STOP: 0x0000007E

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 purpleskies87

purpleskies87

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:28 PM

Okay here goes... I'm on a cell phone. my moms computer will not start in regular, safe, or last known good configuration. this is the exact error i get.

The usual a problem has been detected....

check to be sure you have adequate disk space (which i do). if a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. try changing video adapters. check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. if you need to use safe mode (which i can not) to remove or disable components, restart your computer press F8 to select advanced startup option and then select safe mode.

stop: 0x0000007E, (0xC0000005, 0xF76B0211 , 0x0F78DA6FC, 0xF78DA3F8)

edit: this is an optiplex gx620 and am using an onboard video card. hoping i can fix this without another computer or another working computer. thanks in advance

Edited by purpleskies87, 03 April 2014 - 01:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kaz20

kaz20

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:51 PM

what OS is the computer currently running?

#3 purpleskies87

purpleskies87
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:21 PM

Xp professional i believe. definitely xp. I updated drivers prior to this error via iobit driver booster. i think the install didn't finish before it restarted. If I'm not mistaken, i think it is the video driver. if i were to get a new video card would it automatically read it or would Windows have to start to install it? It did start in regular first but i went into msconfig to start in safe mode and now it will not start in either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users