Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Shutting Down

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mineralitek

Mineralitek

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:03 AM

Hi! :)

Recently my Sony Vaio laptop has been spontaneously shutting down. I recently had a trojan virus but that was removed and I continue regular checks. I also added a 4gb stick of ram, exactly the same as the existing 2 months ago, however that is installed correctly.

I was concerned that it was overheating so I have tried a resource monitor and the heat never tends to reach higher than 65°c. Following that I wondered if there was a dust build up so tried to open it up and have a clean, however a couple of the screws are stuck. I'm not sure its the power supply or battery either, as I've tried running the computer without one or the other and with both to have the same issue.

Anyone got some advice or any bright ideas?

Sony Vaio VPCEH 3n6e

Processor Intel ® Core™ i5-2450M (2.50 GHz, 3 GB L3 cache)
Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
RAM 8 GB (Previously 4GB)
Graphics card Intel HD Graphics 3000
Hard drive 640 GB SATA

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 PM

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:04 PM

65 0C on laptop for a long time could make some damage, try to do some cleaning on your heatsink fan :wink:

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users