Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Want to wirelessly connect Mac/Macbook to Epson Powerlite 1835

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bboltz

bboltz

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:47 PM

I teach middle school computers and have been looking to get a wireless connection between my Mac or MacBook and the Epson projector that is attached to my classroom ceiling.  I have been doing my best to search for something that will work, but I'm not sure what would be compatible with both and where I could find the best/cheapest product.  I am looking to use my class budget so I need guidance in finding the right product and being able to communicate what it is, what it does, and why I need the money for it.

Edited by hamluis, 03 April 2014 - 08:29 AM.
Merged topics - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,389 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:09 PM

Try posting this in the Mac OS forum just above this section.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 abauw

abauw

• Members
  • 951 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:50 AM

you could try Wireless LAN Module (ELPAP07)

:guitar: Take me to a place where time is frozen
You don't have to close your eyes to dream :busy:
You can find escape inside this moment :smash:
And I will follow  :whistle:

#4 bboltz

bboltz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:36 AM

I teach middle school computers and have been looking to get a wireless connection between my Mac or MacBook and the Epson projector that is attached to my classroom ceiling.  I have been doing my best to search for something that will work, but I'm not sure what would be compatible with both and where I could find the best/cheapest product.  I am looking to use my class budget so I need guidance in finding the right product and being able to communicate what it is, what it does, and why I need the money for it.  Thanks.

Edited by hamluis, 03 April 2014 - 08:29 AM.
Dupe from merge, delete - Hamluis.

#5 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:55 AM

I teach middle school computers and have been looking to get a wireless connection between my Mac or MacBook and the Epson projector that is attached to my classroom ceiling.  I have been doing my best to search for something that will work, but I'm not sure what would be compatible with both and where I could find the best/cheapest product.  I am looking to use my class budget so I need guidance in finding the right product and being able to communicate what it is, what it does, and why I need the money for it.  Thanks.

What model Mac do you have?

I ask because newer model Macs are capable of using AirPlay to mirror your Mac's screen to an AppleTV connected to a TV or projector. Here is a page that will list which Macs will be capable of doing this:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5404

If your Mac supports AirPlay mirroring, then you could get an AppleTV and hook it up to the HDMI port on the projector. Then you could use WiFi to AirPlay mirror your screen from your Mac to the AppleTV that will then display your screen on the projector.

If you don't have a Mac that supports AirPlay mirroring to an AppleTV, then it gets more complex.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users