Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to upload an image?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Want2Understand

Want2Understand

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:01 AM

I tried to upload an image, the way I would do in other posting sites. I do not know html... so, as I am doing at Norton community site, I always find a key to help me upload, load an image from above image icon. brought an empty transparent image. I tried linked

It turns out I can't upload an image.... I do not know how to use html.... so, I tried like what I do on other site (ex; Norton community) to upload from icon image - uploaded an empty box transparent. At this point, I tried pretty much anything from the above toolbar. linked image didn't worked. tried to get image through above media icone..... don't find an icon that would allow me to attached an image. I tried to paste from Word - it paste the text but the image is like in a transparent block.

I read the "posting" section of this web page from this site  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=help .

I can't upload an image, which is essential in the description of the issue I want to post in one of your forum....

See below the results of above attempt to upload image. Please, can you help me how show me how to upload an image on this site? Thanks in advance.

%5C%5Cpc2%5CUsers%5CPC2User%5CPictures%5

Remove%20and%20install%20Norton%20360%20

http://PC2\Users\PC2User\pictures\Remove and install Norton 360 crashes.jpg
Remove%20and%20install%20Norton%20360%20

ftp://PC2\Users\PC2User\pictures\Remove and install Norton 360 crashes.jpg

//PC2\Users\PC2User\pictures\Remove and install Norton 360 crashes.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:26 PM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer. I moved your post from Images, Image Editing, Image Viewing Mini-Guides to the appropriate forum.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 03 April 2014 - 12:27 PM.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:30 PM

You can't upload an image directly to the Bleeping Computer site. You will need to use an image hosting site like Photobucket, Imgur or Postimg.org as examples. Once you upload your image to the image hosting service of your choice, you'll be able to post the imagehosting URL here.

More information here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/14738/inserting-an-image-within-a-post/

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 Want2Understand

Want2Understand
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:25 PM

I had looked a bit all over (to help with learning curve).

I found

http://www.smartestcomputing.us.com/topic/56223-posting-links-and-images-in-334/?hl=%2Bhow+%2Binclude+%2Bimage+%2Bpost+%2Bforum

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/479943/uncontrolled-power-off-effects-cause-my-system-to-be-really-slow-after/page-7?hl=manage attachments settings
page 7,  I press the link  How To
Manage
Attachments  to get to a ‘sorry, we couldn’t find that page”.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/14738/inserting-an-image-within-a-post/

I understand a bit better and will upload at PhotoBucket and compose my post with the issue. Thanks for helping me here.

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:44 PM

I press the link  How To [/font]Manage[/size] Attachments  to get to a ‘sorry, we couldn’t find that page”.

That link unfortunately is to a topic that is currently being rewritten due to it being outdated and not visible to regular members at this time. Once the topic is completed it will be made visible for everyone. My apologies for the confusion with that link.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#6 Want2Understand

Want2Understand
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:14 AM

Thank you guys. I went to 4shared, following your suggestions. I uploaded images there and could use the link to make another post here, where the link open on the pic. Great! Thanks!

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:08 PM

You're welcome on behalf of the Bleeping Computer community.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users