Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iPhotos

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 381 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:53 AM

On my Macbook Air after adding names of people in faces I now get "Is this Fred" or "Unnamed" when viewing other photos in Events or Photos in photos which the people I have named or not named when I am viewing the photos. How do I put a stop to that happening. Thanks for any help.

Edited by center, 03 April 2014 - 01:56 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,326 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:12 AM

On my Macbook Air after adding names of people in faces I now get "Is this Fred" or "Unnamed" when viewing other photos in Events or Photos in photos which the people I have named or not named when I am viewing the photos. How do I put a stop to that happening. Thanks for any help.

I am not sure there is any way to stop it.

There used to be an option to turn off Faces in iPhoto, but it appears that Apple got rid of it.

About the only thing to suggest is to remove the names that you currently have entered and maybe it would stop asking you if some "new" face is one that you have already named. I don't use Faces (i.e. have never entered any names) for what few photos that I have in iPhoto (I don't really use iPhoto) and I never get any of those sorts of questions.

#3 brucev13

brucev13

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:36 PM

The name boxes for the Faces feature will appear when you are viewing a photo and have the Info pane visible. Press the Command key + I to toggle the Info pane on or off. You can also click the View menu and then click Info to toggle the Info pane.

You can also leave the Info pane open and remove the name boxes by collapsing the Faces section in the Info pane. Click the Faces section icon or word Faces to collapse that section.

Hope that helps!

Oh I'm using iPhoto '11 version 9.4.3

Bruce

#4 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 381 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:12 PM

Thanks to you both for your help I will give your idea a go Bruce and see how it goes. It is a bit annoying when looking at photos and this carry on occurs especially when showing others your photos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users