One of those problems I'm ready to pluck my eyes out of their sockets it's driving me insane
- Airport Extreme 802.11ac Gen. 6 running latest firmware 7.7.2 -- Acting as WiFi Base Station - http://www.apple.com/airport-extreme/
- Dell Vostro 1520 laptop with built-in Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN WiFi adapter. Current driver: The one suggested by Dell according to this laptop's Service Tag (version 22.214.171.124 from 09/15/2009)
- Of course I have tried with the latest drivers (version 16.7.0)
- Of course I have restarted the router several times
- Of course I have tried to go back to that router's previous firmware (7.7.1)
- I have then gone back to the dell-recommended drivers when that didn't work out (but I have kept the new ones handy in case someone asks me to change-up again)
- This laptop connects well elsewhere on other WiFi access points (!!!)
- Other devices in the house connect well to the Airport Extreme, including all Apple products, but also a Win7-64bit workstation with a Atheros DW1525 PCI WiFi adapter (!!!)
- Another Wintel laptop (legacy XP) with a built-in Intel adapter is experiencing similar problems.
So it's like, they work, but not together
I am including a screenshot of my WiFi adapter's driver properties.
I am currently connected using an Ethernet cable // Realtek gigabit // plugged into the same router -- That works fine.)
Thank you in advance for trying to help me figure out *why* the WiFi doesn't work.
Edited by hamluis, 03 April 2014 - 11:28 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Networking - Hamluis.