Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer will not completely load and unable to access email

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tomcatlover

tomcatlover

• Members
  • 269 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:15 PM

Having a big problem with my home page not completely loading on IE 11. The top of the page loads, but the subordinate panes below continue to endlessly cycle. Also, I am unable to access my att.com email account from the page. I have just completed an exhaustive series of malware cleanups with admin Jeff, and he doesn't think it's a malware issue anymore, so he sent me here. I am including the link to our thread so you can see what we have done thus far.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528432/dds-logs-for-yahoo-home-page-problem/

I have made Google Chrome my default browser for now, and everything is running fine from it, but I would like to get the IE issue resolved. Tonight I uninstalled and reinstalled IE, but to no avail. The problem persists. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you

Gateway SX2803-25e Win 7 Home Premium Intel Pentium E5800 processor Intel GMA X4500 Graphics 1TB HD,6GB DDR3 Memory
HP Pavilion g7 Notebook PC Win 7 Home Premium SP1 AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.5 GHz 4 GB RAM 64-bit OS
Ipad 2, ver 7.0.4 13.2 GB capacity

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Trakeen

Trakeen

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:13 AM

Haven't had a chance to read through all the responses to your old thread yet, but one quick question.  Have you gone to Tools/Internet Options, click on the advanced tab and click the restore default settings / reset buttons?  That seems to generally fix most of my issues with IE

Also, is there any reason your using IE?  I switched to Firefox years ago and haven't looked back.  Everybody I work with prefers chrome, but to each his own.

Update:

I did have a chance to read through all the posts, but didn't see the first actions I suggested.  Some of the programs they had you use may have automatically reset IE to defaults, but I can't say for sure.

I have seen addons cause hundreds of different problems, and even if they aren't recognized as a virus / malware they are a nuisance, and can completely screw up IE beyond use.

Also, I saw you had installed a few different malware / spyware applications while going through this ordeal.  Just for the record, what protection is currently installed / running on your computer (Malwarebyte's, Super Anti Spyware, Avira, AVG, Norton, Mcafee)?

Edited by Trakeen, 04 April 2014 - 01:57 AM.

#3 tomcatlover

tomcatlover
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 269 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:32 AM

Hi Trakeen,

I restored the default settings, but to no avail. Same problem as before. Right now, what I have running is Avast! and MalwareBytes. I will be returning to the other thread to catch up with Jeff and get rid of the stuff he had me download, once we are through.

I'm happy with the Google Chrome, but we've used I.E. from day one, and my wife is very used to it. So I would like to try to do what I can to restore it to its working state if I can.

Edited by tomcatlover, 04 April 2014 - 05:34 AM.

Gateway SX2803-25e Win 7 Home Premium Intel Pentium E5800 processor Intel GMA X4500 Graphics 1TB HD,6GB DDR3 Memory
HP Pavilion g7 Notebook PC Win 7 Home Premium SP1 AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.5 GHz 4 GB RAM 64-bit OS

#4 Trakeen

Trakeen

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:21 AM

Well, to be honest there isn't much else I can think of.  The guys have been trying to get this settled with malware / virus removal and the problem persists.  I noticed this has been going on for quite some time.

My suggestion, unless this has now become an obsession to fix it and finally be able to say, "HA!," (which I totaly understand) would be reinstalling your OS.  However, I would wait and see if anybody else some some ideas for you.

#5 tomcatlover

tomcatlover
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 269 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:47 AM

Ok, thanks Trakeen. It looks like Google Chrome is our new default browser :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users