Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mac Downloaded Rar Expander from download cnet Now crhome acting strange

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 jorelcuomo

jorelcuomo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:01 PM

Downloaded Rar Expander from download cnet Now crome, firefox acting strange 

Search something on a website on Firefox, not even finished typeing and it directs you to yahoo.

I also had Google set as my search choice on Chrome and now it searches yahoo.

Open a new tab and this comes up

chrome-extension://icdlfehblmklkikfigmjhbmmpmkmpooj/newtab.html

Use a MAC

Doing a search with virus search tool ClamXav only 5% finished searching

osx.Trojan.Yontoo-6 is infecting Custom Installer 2.app and Custom Installer .app mac_atdhe.zip

I havent signed into anything since this happened.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Noviciate

Noviciate

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:20 PM

Good evening. :)

Cnet has been guilty in the past of creating custom installers that come with bundled software as well as the original program that you were expecting. You may be able to uncheck the appropriate box if you use the custom install method but by default you may not have a choice.

It's a little late to say "don't use Cnet", but don't use Cnet - sorry!

Please go here, follow the instructions as best you can skipping those that you cannot run for any reason, and then start a new thread and post accordingly.
Please include a brief description of your problem in the new thread, just to keep everything in one place, and somebody will be along as soon as they can to help.

To keep things tidy i'll lock this thread.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users